<$BlogRSDURL$>

The diary of a Saudi man, currently living in the United Kingdom, where the Religious Police no longer trouble him for the moment.

In Memory of the lives of 15 Makkah Schoolgirls, lost when their school burnt down on Monday, 11th March, 2002. The Religious Police would not allow them to leave the building, nor allow the Firemen to enter.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

I'm overwhelmed.... 


....but I've won two awards in the 2006 Saudi Blog awards. Although it has perhaps not followed the most rigorous process, and there are lots of "in jokes" involved, it's all we've got in the way of awards in Saudi Arabia, so I'm making the most of it.

I was awarded:

Most Controversial Blogger

1st Place: The Religous Policeman with 121 votes
2nd Place: Farah with 97 votes
3rd Place: Jo with 33 votes

and you lot, the ones who come and debate in the "Comments" threads, were awarded....

Most Intense debate

1st Place: All of The Religous Policemans' Posts with 119 votes
2nd Place: Ubergirl's 'On Border' with 71 votes
3rd Place: All of Farah's Posts with 46 votes

....so well done to everyone!

I was of course disappointed not to have been placed at all in Funniest Blog, but humor is a very cultural thing, perhaps I should be less subtle, I'll keep working at it for next year....






This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?