The diary of a Saudi man, currently living in the United Kingdom, where the Religious Police no longer trouble him for the moment.
In Memory of the lives of 15 Makkah Schoolgirls, lost when their school burnt down on Monday, 11th March, 2002. The Religious Police would not allow them to leave the building, nor allow the Firemen to enter.
The Saudi-government-inspired campaign against Danish Cartoons continues unabated. I am proud to announce that today, the "Arab News" had no less than four articlesOIC Demands Unqualified Danish ApologyEffect of Danish Boycott PatchyDodging Boycott Call, Norway Voices RegretEditorial: Irresponsible
whereas the "Saudi Gazette" could only manageBOYCOTT OF DANISH PRODUCTS GAIN FORCEBLASPHEMY
I won't quote from them, they are just recycling the same old pious claptrap and dodgy theology, repeating themselves and each other ad nauseam, on the basis that sooner or later the Danes will cave in and apologize. I've got news for you guys; the Danes don't read Saudi newspapers, any more than 1.3 billion Muslims read Danish newspapers and get offended. But who cares, as long as we don't talk about stampedes where "several" poor Third-World Muslims died.
However, the most important news is that the Muslim "Offense Level" has been raised.
Just to remind you what the various levels mean:LOWMeaning
- We are slightly miffed, although we are not sure why. We think we are not as popular as we would like to be.Non-Muslim response
Tread very carefully and do not offend usConsequence of non-compliance
- We will get very cross and stamp our feetGUARDEDMeaning
- We are quite offended, because people are generally picking on us.Non-Muslim response
- Stop making jokes about usConsequence of non-compliance
- We will rant on about "Islamophobia" and "Orientalism", although we don't understand what those words really meanELEVATEDMeaning
- We are definitely cross, because people keep blaming us for 9/11, Parisian cars getting torched, Saudi women getting stonedNon-Muslim response
- Pretend that these things have nothing to do with Islam or Muslims, tell everyone how we brought algebra to 9th Century SpainConsequence of non-compliance
- We will cause even more mayhem. Did you leave your
car out in the street?HIGHMeaning
- We are extremely offended by a particular individual or countryNon-Muslim response
- That individual or country must apologizeConsequence of non-compliance
- Individual; Fatwa, assassination, or both. Country; Boycott (unless you export things the Saudi Royal Family are consumers of), and Saudi newspapers write a long string of boring and repetitive articles that you will never read but will drive Saudi readers to distraction.SEVEREMeaning
- We have had enough of your rudeness and ridicule and have gone completely ballisticNon-Muslim response
- We demand that the Pope and President Bush go down on their knees and apologize personally for every rude thing that everyone has ever said about us over the last 1400 years, and promise that it won't happen againConsequence of non-compliance
- We will cease the export of oil, therefore depriving the numerous Saudi Royal Family of all income, we will cease the import of all cars, tanks, airplanes (military and civil), computers, building technology, infrastructure and general professional expertise, and we will stop visiting Western fleshpots like the South of France, the USA, London..... Honest. We will. We really mean it this time. Just you wait. We really will. You better believe it. We're not kidding. We're telling you. Honest. Don't make us do it.....
Anyway, we are now on....
....so watch out